Got my Boone Bonded Ivory grips...

I ordered a set of Boone Bonded (or cultured, I guess) Ivory grips for my Model 28 4".

They came last night.

OH BOY do they look good on that gun!

My only concern is that there is a little too much gap between the top of the right grip and the side of the frame.

Anyone else had that problem? Any suggestions on how to solve it? I may just go back to the company about it.

My only other gripe is that I ordered them with the installed S&W medallion. The screw & eschutcheons are brass colored, but the medallions are silver. I don't much care for that look at all.

I may end up yanking the silver and installing a set of gold medallions I have lying around.

Mike.....¿ are the mating edges true when not on the gun ? If so, there might be some interference where the sticky-in parts go inside the grip frame. Maby just a tad of trimmin on the inside would allow em to lay flat n flush.

They sound neat.

Sam

Sam,

The grips fit the lower base frame well. A tad bit proud in a couple of areas, but certainly nothing out of the ordinary.

It's just the rounded section that wraps up along the sideplate that is about 1/8th of an inch proud, as if that section had been cut, or moulded, too deeply.

I'm thinking that I may need to cut the entire grip mating surface down to take care of this. I'm not looking forward to that at all.

I'm going to give Boone a call, and see what they have to say.

Other than the fit issue, I'm EXTREMELY please with how these grips look. It's as if this were a match made in heaven.

Mike, I've got a pair of blued Ruger Blackhawk's in .38-40 that I'd like to put matching "ivory" grips on. I've very interested in your opinion of the Boone grips and how you solve your problems.

Please keep us updated !!

John,

The grips are absolutely beautiful. A very mellow cream color, displaying excellent worksmanship, and with just a hint of grain.

The lines are clean and even and there's no chipping or galling where the medallions or the screw escutcheons were inlet.

For under $40 (which included shipping and the $10 extra for the inlet medallions), I'd say that they are an EXCELLENT value.

I'll post an update when I have the time to call them about the fit issue.

Back