Got my 700PSS on friday

Ldoll

:)It's used but looks in good shape. I wish I knew how many rounds were fired through it. I was told it belonged to a local police officer who ran into money trouble and had to sell it. Well local for them, but 25 miles from me. It's a .308 with the detachable magazine. I was told that a rifle with a detachable magazine is not as accurate as one with with a fixed magazine. Is this true?

Were would I find an on-line source for replacement magazines for this rifle?

------------------

L.D.

Congratulations on your 700PSS. I would have bought one, but they didn't cater to southpaws and I had to have mine built. Now, many years later, they finally came out with a left handed varminter in .308! Oh well, 9 year wait and I bought a southpaw Rem .223 instead. I prefer the fixed magazines myself (less to play with and 5 shots are more than enough for precision shooting).

You can go to http://www.remington.com but I can't say their prices are the cheapest. You may ask your armorer to contact them and get a better departmental pricing.

Your PSS is bedded in an aluminum bedding block. I wouldn't think that the detachable mag will have any adverse effect on your accuracy. If the trigge hasn't been adjusted, you'll probably need to do that.

Give this company a shot, they can do wonders on the PSS700. They custom build Rem. 700's for the Los Angeles Sheriff Department SWAT team. The "Tango 51" was featured in SWAT magazine and they loved it.
www.tacticaloperations.com

TacOp's

Back