Got me a new toy!

viciouskitty

Over the weekend I got to talking to my uncle and he told me he was given an old rifle that he didn't know anything about. He asked me to look at it for him, it turned out to be a french MAS 36 in almost immaculate and what I would guess re-arsenalled condition. I told him about the rifle and he told me he didn't want it because of the caliber, so I started dealing with him. He wanted a 22 so I gave him a marlin model 25 I bought at a pawnshop I bought for 85 bucks that I refinished. Also I told him I would make him a fishing rod rack as part of the deal.

So I feel I made out good on this deal, I get to add another interesting rifle to my collection. Now I'm wondering where are you guys getting ammo? Reloading date? My lyman 49th doesn't even list the cartridge, any other interesting tidbits of info you guys can share??

the only book I've found with data for it is the hornady book. if you use mid to hot 30-40 krag data you come to light to medium 7.5 french loads.

PRVI is about the only game in town that I've seen for loaded ammo. sportsmans guide and grafs is where I look for it. I've got 60 rounds of it and 40 once fired casings and a set of dies if you want to buy them... and if you call now I'll even throw in a MAS36 to go with them a $200 dollar value, absolutely free... that 60 rounds, 40 cases, set of dies and rifle all for the amazingly low price of $300 :D

Ammo is available.

I reload for 7.5 MAS. Dies are available from Lee, and the Lee reloading book has load data. Cases can be made from 6.5 Sweedish Mauser brass by resizing in the proper die and trimming to length.

Back