Got lucky with this ewx 1943 for P.38

Gebirg

I did not have a vintage holster for my P.38 AC-43 until i got a hold of one few weeks ago. Hard to find 100% original holster for P.38 here in Norway because the army reworked them for nato belt.
Well i got my hand on a reworked, and removed the natobelthook to maybee find some old markings of the producer...
Got lucky - it was a ewx 1943 with WaA195

(WaA195 ewx F. u. K. Voegels Köln 1942, 44)

Same production year as my AC-43

I will rework it back with the original mount for leather belt - i hope the old owner Ünteroffizer Klose will smile at me from up above...

Attachments

• Kopi av IMG_1433.jpg
    Kopi av IMG_1433.jpg
    192.7 KB · Views: 41
  • Kopi av IMG_1436.jpg
    Kopi av IMG_1436.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 36
  • Kopi av IMG_1432.jpg
    Kopi av IMG_1432.jpg
    190.3 KB · Views: 32
I like to see WWII guns with some wear, because you almost know for sure that they did something. Nice setup.

In case you don't know, you got whats called a "hardshell" holster. The later softshell type brings less and is more common. Did you bother to lookup the maker to see if they're a rare maker? You never know.

I know I feel good to get something like that, let alone how you must feel over there. Great work.

Thanks, This maker is maybe a little bit rare - they only exist for 2-3 years, between 1942 and 44.
This holster is hardshell as you say, and the German user is written in the hood as you can see. below at the barrel end on the holster, there is a small hole/ring - dont know if this is for loop, in case of water inside etc...

Back