Got Brass?

xdshooter1

Inactive
I am getting involved in uspsa/idpa shooting and just recently started reloading. Does anyone mark their brass so they can pick them up for future reloads? If so with what and how? I am shooting an XD40 and the barrel is fully supported unlike some other manufacturers which causes case bulge. I want to stay away from them so the best way is to shoot only your brass. Any help would be great.
XD

I just use one of those marker pens (sharpie) to put a line on the case head and primer; usually blue or black. If I'm at a match where someone has the same mark, I add another color like red or green. The markings come off when I run the brass through the tumbler before sizing.

When I started I shot new brass and marked them figuring I would get them back for reloading. It doesn't seem to work that way. The brass pickers throw them in my bag, and its always a mix.

I buy once fired brass, and don't worry about what I get back, or if it was mine. The only time I'm sure I get mine back is when I shoot the S&W 625, the moon clips are easy to pick up.

You pretty much have to case guage and inspect your brass anyway. Just get it all and do your QC at home. A LEE or EGW (same thing) undersized resizing die, and a LEE FCD do a decent job of fixing bulged cases.

Back