Got a P32 dent in my a$$??

LightningLink

I'm in the market for a pocket pistol (currently debating NAA and P32 in another thread).

I have a couple questions about carrying in a pocket holster:
1) When carrying in a pocket holster, is it normally carried in the front, or back pocket?

2) If carried in the back pocket, could a pistol like the P32 in any way be "deformed" by my lumpy butt? (FWIW I weight about 180). I doubt there would be any problem with the slide, but what about the polymer frame?

Thanks for any input.
LL

Lightning

I have a Hedley back pocket holster for my Guardian and my Seecamp, He makes the same thing for the P-32. I have a P-32, but I haven't ordered the back pocket holster for that, yet. (But I will!) It's a fairly comfortable way to carry the little pistols. Somehow, they seem lighter in my back pocket. I plan to get one for my P-32.
The way they work is this: While in the holster, the pistol goes next to your "cheek". There is an anti-print panel that goes toward the inside of your back pocket. When you reach for you pistol, the panel spreads and allows you to draw while forcing the holster stay in your back pocket. It really works well. He also makes a small "pocket mag pouch" for $15.00.
I've always ordered one of those with each holster. Keeps lint out of the spare mag.

Will

With the P-32 I'd give serious thought to using the Kel-Tec belt clip.

I've found that pocket carry isn't as handy as it seems: there are any number of times, like when sitting, when in the car, and surprisingly, sometimes while walking, that pocket carry isn't all its cracked up to be.

A P-32 with the Kel-Tec optional belt clip is very inconspicuous and very, very easy to access.

Front pocket carry with the P32

is comfortable at all times, without question; Not too mention so lightweight and small, that it's not seen, felt, or thought about for the vast majority of the time. Highly recommended. Don't know about back pocket...

Carry in whichever pocket feels best for you. I carry in the back pocket. As mentioned, R.J. Hedley makes excellent front and back pocket P-32 holsters. If you carry in the back pocket like me, I always make sure the gun is slightly off to one side so I'm not sitting directly on the gun, that wouldn't be good for it.

I remember reading somewhere that the back pocket carry went against some ATF rule and made it fall under the "any other firearm" thing...making it illegal. Then again, I could be talking out of my "back pocket."

I don't have any problems with the front pocket carry, but I think I'd like to try the clip carry. where do you put it?

Steve Smith,
I'm not sure, but I think that subject was discussed in an earlier thread. I think what you are talking about is the billfold holster which allows you to fire the weapon without removing it from the holster via a small hole giving access to the trigger. That would be considered an "any other weapon". Don't quote me on that, you might want to do a search through the archives to see for certain.

If you don't mind saving a few dollars, Uncle Mike's inside-the-pants holster (size 10) works quite well. It clips on the waist band and is comfortable worn on either the strong side or as cross draw. It also clips nicely on a jeans pocket. In all cases, it does require that something be worn over it, a shirt out (even tee shirt) or a vest.

The P32 also fits nicely in the pants pocket (shows a little printing on jeans (if somewhat tight) and almost disappears in the pockets of baggy pants. The P32 also disappears in any jacket or vest pocket, even inside the interior breast pocket.

The Uncle Mike's #10 is $11.99 at Midway.

I carry mine in my rear pocket daily in a wallet holster (and it is legal as it can not be fired because I do not have trigger access in the wallet). No problems at all. When I am in my car, it is not my primary weapon, so access is not a problem. I do not even notice it is there. I carry my wallet in my front left pocket and keys in my right so there is no room in my front pocket for the pistol. The holster protects the trigger and the wallet breaks up the line so the thing won't print. I assure you that if my "lumpy butt" hasn't dammaged the pistol, then yours won't.

Sounds like you have made up your mind, but . . .

Do you want to be the first to find out that your gun won't shoot right because you sat on it and bent the aluminum rails on the polymer frame? YMMV, but I wouldn't repeatedly do that to a gun that weighs 6 oz. unloaded and then bet my life on it. Get the belt clip and keep it in front.

Regards.

Back