Got a new Rifle

cobra81

Ruger Precision rifles are like unobtanium around these parts, and I knew I wanted something chambered in 6.5 Creedmoor. So I ordered this from my LGS, and less than a week later, had it in my hot little hands. It's a Ruger Hawkeye VT (Varmint Target) rifle. Heavy brute, what with a 28" bull barrel and all, but I don't plan to be toting it through the woods, anyway. I put a Vortex Viper HS-T 6-24X50 scope on it, and as soon as we get a decent weather day here, it's off to the range!
IMG_20161222_211839_zpsc0btaqtv.jpg

Merry Christmas to you I would say, I would love to shoot that brute myself, hope you have a range worthy of that cartridge..

Cobra, those are supposed to be very fine shooting rifles from everything I read on my Creedmoor forum.
Guys are saying that Hornady factory 140 ELD ammo is really good, but try a few different factory loads and see whaT yours likes.

Nice rifle you got there.
I am not familiar with this round and its intended use much. However I am starting to look in to. As I recently acquired this lil Model 700 Remington jewel in 6MM.
I have only fired it about 10 rds the other day.
My BIL passed away in 01 and it had been in safe til giving to me last weekend.
Trigger was stuck from gummy old oil but it shot straight.
Needs a better scope for sure.
Not sure I will get it out much
But the quick little look I took at ballistics OMG its a mover.
56de0385d319ad5769439f643d6416f4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She looks great thanks for showing.
My nephew has a RPR but has not scoped it yet Im chomping at the bit to shoot it.I don't care for black guns your new bolt 6.5 cm is much more appealing to the eyes.

Yep, that's my Christmas gift! Birthday, and anniversary, too....:)
That's the great thing about small gun shops; I had a lightly-used 28 gauge Wingmaster that I bought a few years ago, but just never used, and they gave me a very decent trade for it. So, I was able to keep costs down on the Creedmoor and scope.
The longest range at the club I belong to is 200 yds, but I have access to private land where I can stretch the 6.5's legs out to good distance. I'm planning on trying the Hornady 140 gr. ELD Match ammo first, as I've read good results from those using it. After I accumulate some brass, I plan to reload for it, as I do for all of my other rifles.

PS...that's a great looking Rem 700, Texas45! Love that wood and blued steel.
I bet you'll find it to be a great addition to your stable.

PS...that's a great looking Rem 700, Texas45! Love that wood and blued steel.

I bet you'll find it to be a great addition to your stable.

I like the look of the stock on yours.

Yes I like it. Not sure where or when Ill need its service but likely will find some excuse now and then.
Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back