Got A Kel-Tec PLR 22 In (.22lr). What Other .22lr Rifles That Take AR .22 Conversion Mags?

adn258

So I love my Kel-Tec PLR-22, and I love Kel-Tec. Being that I also want to collect magazines etc. as a long-term investment, I'm not into rare magazines. Ubiquitous and commonly used magazines are a plus from well understood and used magazines.

This is another thing I love about Kel-Tec, they use common magazines for most of their guns. In the case of the PLR it takes almost all .22 conversion mags in the AR platform. This got me thinking, are there any other guns out there (besides ones you convert with a kit) that are complete, that take .22 lr conversion mags?

This way you could interchange magazines. I'm specifically looking for other .22 carbine rifles? I know the M&P 15-22 for example is a great AR platform .22lr, and I have shot it before, but I don't believe it uses standard conversion mags.

Does anyone here know of .22 guns that do right out of the box like the PLR?

I’m assuming you know about the Kel Tec SU-22....

Attachments

• 6D1111FE-C206-4C66-9A46-DF54A8FC4ECA.png
    6D1111FE-C206-4C66-9A46-DF54A8FC4ECA.png
    225.5 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
I’m assuming you know about the Kel Tec SU-22....
I actually didn't for some crazy reason! I know I've heard about it before, but I guess my brain didn't associate that it took these same conversion mags! That is totally awesome!

What about Ruger 10/22 magazines? Are there are .22 rifles or handguns that take those out there? I know that Ruger wisely makes a variety of tactical .22 rifles that have the same 10/22 magazines as a standard which is smart.

How about other rifles besides the SU-22? I'm trying to collect magazines and guns that take commonly used magazine types as I think they're a better investment!

Last edited:
Back