Got a Kel-Tec P32!!And a problem :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

RJT

Inactive
Yep,I got me a Kel-Tec P32 today. I really like this gun and it is amazingly accurate,However,I have a serious problem....When I shoot the gun the chamber does not fully go into battery.I have to push it with my thumb for the chamber to completely close to fire the next shot.HELP!!! What could this be? Will it break in and be ok after I shoot it alot?Any info on what the problem could be is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Bobby

How much did you pay for the P32? The answer to your question will be answered at "KTOG".

http://www.ktog.org/ktog.htm

ktoglogo1.jpg

http://lyris1.telelists.com/htbin/lyris.pl?enter=ktog&text_mode=0

Let me know what the solution was!

Hopefully it will just break in. Break it down and make sure the rails are lubed. I think I read somewhere that they had some minor problems in the early production guns with the magazines rubbing the slide or something like that, but it was supposed to be fixed in the later guns.

Kel-Tec has an excellent customer service department, so it shouldn't be a problem to have it rectified.
I'm jealous, I'm still looking for one here in S.W.Florida. If anyone has one, let me know!

------------------
Knee deep in brass, still shootin fast!

Eight more days on my wonderful waiting period before I get to pick up mine.

I would imagine that the pistol will work fine after a few boxes of ammo go through it. I've heard they do require a little break in period.

------------------
TJS

Mine started doing it after the first severalmagazines. I sent it back, got it fixed (I think that magazine rubbing was the issue) and they even fluffed&buffed it for me. I just shot 200+ rounds through it yesterday, incl. ball/JHPs/wadcutters and it worked fine. Interestingly, lending it to another guy produced two jams on the first seven rounds. Then again, lending my Mak90 produced two jams on five rounds! Some folks got the evil touch :)

I'd send it back to Kel-tec, their service is very good. Get extra magazines while at it.

I noticed the same problem with my P32 when new (serial number around 004XX). I polished the slide with 800 grit wet/dry paper and lubed and greased the little beast. The sticking before going into battery went away. Have put about 200 rounds through it now (variety of brands and types) with no other problems. A little fluff and buff and some break in did the trick.

Jim in IN

------------------
-- TANSTAAFL

Kingknives got it right. Early production guns supposedly had a problem with the magazine lips riding too high. 200 rounds or so usually broke it in. If still having problems after a few boxes, send it back to KT. They'll probably have it back to you in a week...

I just picked one up yesterday, didn't get a chance to shoot it yet though and I was just curious if anyone else's slide sits a bit forward on the frame, where you can see a little bit of the recoil spring protruding out the bottom (very slight)- I don't think it would effect the way the gun fired, but looks strange- I broke the gun down and put it back together (could I possibly be doing something wrong) or is this a standard thing. appreciate any info.

[This message has been edited by JG (edited October 24, 1999).]

The first time I let my friend shoot my kel-tec P32 it malfunctioned 3 times before we figured out he was "limp wristing "it you have to hold your weapon very steady when you discharge it.I would have to add it came out of the box shooting and that was the first and only problem I've had with it.
If that does not help send it back to be fixed, you shouldn't have to break in a new weapon!You paid for a machine,it should come out of the box operating properly.

------------------
David
www.tactec.net

May I ask a question about this pistol? OK, great. If you get one with one of the integral clips for IWB carry, could one clip this gun to the front right pants pocket and still conceal the gun completely, such that onlookers would see the clip and think it just a pocket knife?

F.I.--
Nope; the clip is so that you can carry it inside the waistband without a holster. The butt sticks up above the clip. But with the P-32, the entire pistol easily conceals in a man's pocket.

I havent had any problems--so far i have owned for 4 days--shot 200 Blazer, 20 S&B, 10 Winchester FMJ, and 6 Glaser--this gun is a godsend --I luv it--- I carry Glasers for now--until I can find Magsafes-- i use a Galco shoot through wallet houlster designed for AMT SA Backup or the belt clip---works great--- had a Grendel P10 and this baby is light years ahead of that piece of junk

I was going to ask about limp wristing also... Got mine last week, have 300 rounds including LRN, JHP, semi wadcutters... Not even a single problem... VERY accurate.. I am in love. Hate to say it, but I like this little gun as well as my Cold raceguns or my P99, since I can carry it virtually anywhere... Too bad I can't take it to work with me, since I have to go through the metal detector!!

I handled a P32 recently and like the light weight and slim profile, but is anyone else concerned about the lack of any external safety in a gun with such a light trigger pull?

I think keeping one in a pocket holster with the trigger covered would be a must.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back