Gorgeous Hi Power

AndABeer

My friendly neighborhood gun shoppe has a new Browning Hi Power in the display case. The finish looks like a gloss laquer of some sort. The hammer is a commander style. Slide is stamped "Made in Belgium" says nothing about assembly elsewhere. The sights are the slide adjustable type (capitan?). It is just freakin' beautiful, but not sure is I can afford the $599 price tag right now with my trip coming up. Anyone know if this was a limited run?

Take a look at their web site. I think they still offer the Capitan with the tangent sites. Since they passed SB 15 in Kalifornia, we cannot get new Hi Powers of any sort out here. If you can get it for $599, go for it. I have one from the last production run of the electroless nickel. Got it in 86 and paid $420 for it. Never regretted it. Nothing fits your hand like a Hi Power.

AndABeer,

I went to their website and it looks like they have cut down their offerings quite alot since I was last there. I now see the Standard, Mark III and the Practical. If this is new, it probably is a limited run. Their site is:

http://www.browning.com

Russ

denfoote, you crack me up! :D

I'm reminded of a thread about or the Browning Hi-Power. I searched for 1/2 hour, but I couldn't find it. Anybody know the link?

[Edited by Country Boy on 05-17-2001 at 05:29 PM]

Back