Good Value Scope

HarryB

Got my 10/22 Target model and am looking for some glass to put on it. I will be using it at the range and desert plinking so hunting is not an issue. What is a good scope for the money keeping in mind that I am a teacher and don't draw another paycheck again until the end of August?

I don't have a specific scope suggestion but do have a suggested source. Being the frugal sort I recently did "exstensive" research for the best over all scope prices and found Midway USA to be the least expensive after factoring in price, shipping, etc.. You can find them at:
midwayusa.com or (800) 243-3220 for a free catalog.

------------------
Gunslinger

We live in a time in which attitudes and deeds once respected as courageous and honorable are now scorned as being antiquated and subversive.

Purely my own opinion, but for a no-recoil gun like a .22, any variable scope which doesn't change point of aim with change in magnification will do. Tasco, Burris, Simmons are all reasonably priced.

I'll let somebody else speak to the issue of maximum magnification...

Have fun, Art

Hi Harry, I agree with Art. Not sure on prices, but I like the Weaver and Simmons brands. There are several decent places to shop, midsouth and natchez come to mind. Midway is great when they have a sale.

I have a Simmons 4x12 on my 10/22 and am very satisfied.

BTW, get an adjustable objective. You'll need it for the .22.

Giz

Thanks for the input. Next question, and forgive my ignorance please:

What is an adjustable objective and why do I need one?

[This message has been edited by HarryB (edited June 09, 1999).]

I have a Simmons Pro series 4x12x40 AO on my 10/22.

The Adjustable Objective allows you to focus the image for a specific yardage. It's a great feature on a gun that will be shot a lot at a given yardage such as in competition. It makes a big difference in my shooting to be able to see a sharp image.

You could use one while hunting I guess, but I don't.

[This message has been edited by DMSC (edited June 09, 1999).]

I put a Bushnell Trophy 4x12 AO on my 10/22 "built" gun ,fine scope for a reasonable price( 150 or so )Been very pleased.

I say get a Nikon "Buckmaster" Series fixed 4 power... it should be great for plinking, and it is cheap. I have one on My 10/22 Mag.

Back