good the bad and the ugly BP or modern?

REDCELL

They look like cap and ball but blondie and tuco have modern cartridges on their belts. what guns do they use and are they sold as reproductions anywhere?

Two snapshoots from the movie. I don't believe that they are using cartridges.

Attachments

• TGTBATU-2.jpg
    TGTBATU-2.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 150
  • TGTBATU.jpg
    TGTBATU.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 142
Maybe not tuco or (Lee Van Cleef), but Clint sat up in his room cleaning his revolver and when the 3 mex's came to the door he was hurridly loading it...with cartridges.

Yes and in one scene they are buying cartridges, but all the handguns are Cap And ball. I brought this up about a year ago on another board. They carry cartridges, but the guns are C &B. Movie was made before to many went the authentic route.

I wonder how ol Clint jammed those cartridges into that C & B????

Check out this site, they actually have a frame from the GBatU of Clint loading cartridges into an 1851 navy a few years before conversion cylinders were available.

Lots of good stuff on not just that movie but spagetthi westerns in general. They have info on a lot of the firearms that were used in the genre.

http://spaghettiwesterns.1g.fi/guns.htm

Happens to be one of my favorite subjects. I have a few more links to sites like this if anyone is interested.

Great link Packarat. In the scene where Tuco is playing gunsmith, he asks for cartridges, loads the gun and then does robs the store.

Everything useful that I know about gunfighting, personal hygiene, Catholicism and the Civil War I learned from that movie.;)

Yeah great link packarat, more please.:D

Everything useful that I know about gunfighting, personal hygiene, Catholicism and the Civil War I learned from that movie

That's funny, and reminds me, I'm out of fighting spirit. Gotta go pick up a bottle. Tuco was more qualified to join the army than blondie.

Ban the flick!

It should also be restricted since the movie also teaches us everything we need to know about bridge demolition.;) It may also be helpful for Human Relations Personnel especially when it comes to terminating employment relationships.

blondie you know what you are?......... a son of a thousand fathers... all of them bastards like you! tuco is my favorite western character. when clint sat cleaning with the bandits at the hotel door it showed his gun as a conversion 1851 all the way with loading lever.

Back