Good Set of Sandbags?

Mosin-Marauder

I'm looking for my own set of sandbags, as my dad's leather ones are very slippery and I would like a good set of nylon web ones that dont slide around on a bench very much. I've seen the Caldwell ones, how are they? Local Walmart has a set of them. I'd like to not break the bank, so any good affordable suggestions are welcome. Thanks.

I have a set of the Cabela's branded Caldwell's and find they work just fine. Not too heavy to lug to the range and stable for everything I shoot.

If I got the unfilled ones, what would be best to fill them with? They come filled with corncob media aswell. but it's nearly twice as much for filled.

If you just want "sand-bags", you can get them really cheap/free from someone that loads shotgun & saves the shot bags. Also I seen these for a $1 each at gun shows. The bags that banks use for coins make excellent shooting bags & sometimes they are free for the asking, as well as any company that deals in a business that involves a lot of coins. Fill these with strained sand & they won't move.

Even if you progress to a better front rest that requires its own fitted bag & an "ear-ed" rear bag, extra sand bags will still be handy. I use a real loose one under my elbow. You can even put one between the rifle butt & your shoulder when you get the .460 WBY out...LOL

FWIW...

...buig :)

Back