Good scope mount for FAL?

Zak Smith

Is there any really good scope mount for a FAL? I've searched the archives, but never found a definitive answer.

If there is no really good scope mounting system, then I will have to re-think my priorities...

thanks!

Hello. I've had excellent luck with DSA's SA scope mount. It doesn't move like some of the others nor is it bulky. I think that SA stands for South African. Best.

I've heard nothing but good about the DSA SA mount, I don't have a FAL (yet) but I'm planning on getting one. I'm a big fan of having back up iron sights (I'm clumsy, and know I'm going to put that scope out when I need it) so I e-mailed them and got this response:

"dsarms" <dsarms@earthlink.net> | Block address
To:
"Larry Correia" <slg2qcorreia@yahoo.com>
Subject:
Re: I have a few questions about your heavy duty scope mount?
Date:
Tue, 8 Feb 2000 18:28:42 -0600

With the scope mount in place, (not a scope) you can still use the iron
sights. If you find a set of see through rings that you like you can
use
them. We do not sell see through rings.
Robin
----- Original Message -----
To: <dsarms@earthlink.net>
Sent: Monday, February 07, 2000 6:51 PM
Subject: I have a few questions about your heavy duty scope mount?

> To whom it may concern:
>
> I have a few questions about your heavy scope mount.
>
> 1. Does it leave the rear iron sight in place?
>
> 2. If I use see-through rings with the mount, can I
> still use my iron sights for backup?
>
> Thank you for your time.
>
> P.S. I have heard some great things about your
> rifles, and I am planning on purchasing
> one of your heavy barrel models in the next few years.
>
>
> Sincerely:
>
> Larry Correia

Just thought I would share a useless tidbit of information.

Is the DSA scope mount you're referring to the "FAL/SA58[tm] Extreme Duty Scope Mount" ?
It looks very well-made. Does it just clamp onto the top cover - this this sturdy enough?
thanks

[This message has been edited by smithz (edited April 11, 2000).]

Is the DSA scope mount you're referring to the "FAL/SA58[tm] Extreme Duty Scope Mount" ?
This looks really sturdy. Does it just clamp onto the top cover - this this sturdy enough?

thanks

The DSA scope mount replaces the whole topcover. Entreprise Arms (www.entreprise.com) also offers a scope mount for the FAL. An ARMS mount is also available, you may have to do some digging to find the ARMS mount though. All of these replace the top/dust cover. More info on the FAL see www.fnfal.com/falfiles

Back