Good scope mount for AR for around $50?

M1ke10191

I just bought a Nikon Prostaff 3-9x40 for my AR and I'm now in the market for a mount for it. Any suggestions? I'd like to keep it around $50 but I can stretch it to maybe $75 if given a good enough reason to.

Also, I'm probably going to offset my iron sights once I put the scope on there. Since my irons are already zeroed, would it be safe to assume that the irons would still be zeroed if they're put of the offset mounts since their bore axis is still unchanged? Not a big deal if I have to re-zero them but I'd prefer not to.

Thanks,

-Mike

This probably won't fly but here's what I use. The cheap "high/see through" rings sold by Target Sports or UTG or Weaver (when they're on sale). Cost is usually under $10. I have yet to see any of these mounts break, fail, or fall off. Most of the time, a centered scope will be nearly dead center on the bore sighter dot when mounted with these-indicating good, consistent machining.
Adding the BUIS( read that BS) to a good scope is a waste of funds and adds weight and bulk(snags on equipment). Learn to mount the rifle properly and see the target through the scope immediately and you won't need the "BuiS".

In addition, it's highly doubtful your BuiS will remain zeroed when hung on the side like a broken wing.

Nikon's P Series is around $50 and comes as either one or two piece which allows you to push the scope forward which really helps eye relief, especially if you're using a carbine length stock. Aero-precision has a really nice light weight one piece for $70-80 ish also.

Look at the Burris PEPR sight mount. I think run right around $75-$80. You could also look at Burris' Extreme Tactical Rings. They run about the same price.

M1ke10191, pm me I have a pair of vortex high mount 30mm that I can send to you ( brand new still in box ) if you want them for no cost to you. Someone at work did something nice for me that just blew me away and i guess because of the holiday season i just want to pay it forward to someone else :)

One of the best mounts I have used is the Nikon M223 one piece cantilevered mount. It puts the scope at the perfect height and also gives you plenty of forward cant to get the proper eye relief. They were on sale recently for $57 but usually run a little higher. In my opinion the Burris PEPR is way too heavy. The only mount I have seen that is lighter than the Nikon is the new Aero Precision mount but I am not sure I like the way the scope is clamped. I have heard from a few people that they have problems getting the scope centered over the bore.

Go to Brownells web site and look up their AR15 Scope riser. It' is super well made and strong, returns to zero well and it's not expencive.

Takes any Weaver ring, so you can put on 1" low, medium, high, extra high, offset, 30mm, Aim Point or EOTeck all on the same base.

Look at the Burris PEPR sight mount. I think run right around $75-$80.

If that's your price range then the PEPR would work, but you might want to peruse the Primary Arms mounts. They get a good following from the guys on AR15.com.

I had the Larue LT-104 mount ($190) as my first mount, sold it and opted for the Bobro mount ($210) which I liked a lot better - actually bought two of them. But I'm securing a $600 and a $700 scope with them - ymmv

I recommend you go to the Rock River site and look at their offerings.I prefer their forward offset cantilever ring/mount.

scope mount

i also prefer rockriver's cantaliver mount they work well with my fold down iron swights .

Attachments

• IMG_1422.JPG
    IMG_1422.JPG
    72.4 KB · Views: 11
Back