Good reliable, cheap 9mm ammo???

slymule

Looking for everybodys suggestions on what brand and source they use for 9mm ammo for target practice. Won't be reloading, looking for cheap, reliable, and consistent rounds. Thanks guys. I might add its for my Sig 225 and a Sig 228.

[This message has been edited by slymule (edited January 06, 2000).]

I've had good luck with Winchester 115 grs ($6.99 at Wally World) and Blazer 115 grs ($8.99). I've also had very postive experience with Sellier & Belliot and IMI ($6 at shows). Then again a P228 has the very nasty habit of chewing right through anything one cares to feed it.

------------------
So many pistols, so little money.

I have also had good luck with the Sellier & Belliot. I shoot it in both my 9mm and .45.

------------------
As to marksmanship, it is not what you once did, rather it is what you can do on demand.

I've been shooting the PMP South African commercial stuff in .45 and .223. Its fantastic ammo! In .223, I would rather have it thatn Winchester White box! The .34 ammo is good stuff too. Brass cased, reloadable, copper jackets, nice commercial ammo at great prices. I remember seeing the PMP 9mm for $115 per 1000 on the net. If I were buying 9mm, PMP is what I would buy for Range ammo.

------------------
Stay Sharp!

Will Fennell/CAMILLUS CUTLERY

I've put 500 rounds of surplus South African 9mm from Cole Distributing through my Glock 19, and I'm very happy with it. It's cleaner than the Federal white box ammo I had been using, and it's only $110/1000 from www.cole-distributing.com. In fact, around Christmas they were offering it for that including shipping, but shipping only adds about $10 to the price in the US (note they do charge 2 or 3% extra for credit card orders). I just ordered 2000 more rounds for $226.50 a couple of weeks ago, and it came in 3 days (I live in Pittsburgh, PA).

It's reasonably clean stuff, more accurate than I am out of my Glock, and the brass is reloadable (boxer primed, not crimped, very shiny brass marked 'DNL'). But why reload when you can get it this cheap?

Note that the Denel group, which makes this military surplus ammo, also makes PMP ammo (with PMP stamped brass). I dunno if it's the same stuff, but it's probably pretty close at least. Some have said it isn't loaded that 'hot', and while it's definitely not +P, it seems fine to me.

Nick19

I use Winchester 9mm 115gr. that i buy at sports authority for 7.99/50 its not that cheap but have had no problems. The Sellier & Belliot that was mentioned by someone earlier I shot 100 rounds and had 4 misfires. That was all it took for me to decide on the winchester that was like a dollar or two more per box. That was using a Kel-Tec P-11 (that i no longer have).

I've used Sellier & Bellot -- my ammo of choice for the range, PMP, and Denel. They all seem pretty similar in performance, although S&B is a lot dirtier than the others.

I've shot thousands of rounds of S&B, 2,000 Denel, and 1,000 rounds of PMP and haven't had a bad round in any of them, yet.

On the other hand, I got five squib loads from one lot of Blazer (124gr 9mm), one per box for 3 boxes, and two for another... I don't shoot Blazer 9mm much anymore.

I've shot the Denel ammo in 9mm and it is DIRTY, at least compared to some reloads that I shot. Actually, it's about as dirty as the IMI which is also pretty bad.

Back