Good quote

ctdonath

From the cover of the Bugei Trading Company catalog update:

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>
Moral Values and the Warrior Ethic in Modern Society
I am asked frequently why I practice and teach classical warrior skills and adhere to a philosophy that appears antiquated to many. The sword has defined the warrior for thousands of years. It has defined the power, ethics, duty, and self defense of a class of people that have shaped the face of civilization on this planet. The skill, exercise, mental development, and sheer pleasure of using a sword is unique. Hand to hand combat with edged weapons is the most demanding of human physical combat. It not only demands the most skill, both physical and mental, it develops in the adept abilities that separates him from others and elevates intuition, reflexes, and technique to the highest ddegree. For the warrior the sword represents his honor and responsibility. The emotional tie is stronger than with other weapons and the training for it's use strengthens his spirit. Jesse and I formed Bugei Trading Company because of our love for the warrior ideal and ethic. We feel that any society that loses these warrior virtues is a poorer one and will soon be a society who's freedoms are lost. The male has a prime directive to protect and defend. Every man is responsible for defending every woman and every child. When the male no longer takes this role, when he no longer has the courage or feels the moral responsibility, then that society will no longer be a society where honor and virtue are esteemed. Laws and government cannot replace this personal caring and commitment. In the absence of the warrior protector, the only way that a government can protect a society is to remove the freedoms of the people. And the sons and daughters of lions become sheep.
[/quote]
"James" of Bugei Trading Company, http://www.bugei.com

Damn fine point. Thanks, I needed this after the thread about the torching of a veteran monument. However, I wouldn't let DC or Donna Barnas find out that James is only talking about males--the only higher male directive than to protect the female is to never, EVER piss her off.

------------------
Don

"Its not criminals that go into schools and shoot children"
--Ann Pearston, British Gun Control apologist and moron

Back