Good Price on a VP9

clintpup

Hi guys, I am in the market for a used VP9 but there don’t seem to be much out there. I guess I figured there would be plenty of used ones out there (like Glock), but apparently not. This being the case, I was just going to wait for the gun show because surely THEY will have some, but I did run into one today that is in great shape and is priced at $550. So my question is, what price would you consider to be a “win” for that type of gun? Would $500-$525 (including tax) be good or would you insist on a lower price? Or is the $550 it is at a good price? P.S. I live in Indiana and I believe it comes with three mags.

Thanks!

They were easily found online for $460 shipped prior to the rebate two years ago. When the rebate happened, everyone raised prices and they haven't come down since.

gun.deals

If it comes with three magazines and has night sights then it is the LE version and around $500 is probably fair but not a great deal IMO. I guess it depends on how bad you want it. Retail gun stores around here usually include a short term warranty as a plus compared to private sale.

Yeah, sigarms228 is on the ball. Double check the sights. You're looking for tritium, not just glow in the dark dots. If it's a VP9 LE (just a night sights and spare mag package, nothing fancy), you'd be saving about $100.

Otherwise, you should be able to get a new VP9 (or even a VP9B) with 2 mags for $550 without trying too hard. I think gun.deals is a pretty good resource. And then figure a new mag is $40-50 (unless it's a junk Promag). I'm not sure what sales tax is in your state, so you'd have to weigh sales tax, condition, and a mag vs shipping and transfer.

If you look around a little or wait for a holiday, you can probably do a little better. For example, at this very second, CDNN has the VP9 in FDE for $499+$10 shipping+transfer.

And then it might even be worth it to call around. I got a like new VP9 for $415 at the friendly neighborhood pawnshop.

Last edited:
I wouldn't pay more than $500 for a used one, as I see then new for sub $600 online most of the time. Now if it was something like a USP for $550 I'd be all over that.

Back