Good price on 1903A3's and 1917's?

G21NE

Inactive
What is a good price for 03A3's and '17's?

I saw some 03s for $395 to $495.

Also saw '17s in the same range.

These were in pretty good condition (I thought). The higher prices were for the rifles with original barrels. Lower prices had different manuf. barrels, but dated as during the war production.

The 03A3 prices sound about like going prices around Phoenix/Las Vegas.

The P17 prices are too high. I bought my Remington P17 at a Phoenix show about a year ago for $225. I would get an 03A3 to keep it company, but I haven't found "just the right deal" yet.

Thanks for the reply. My goal is to someday have one (or two)examples of each issued service rifle. (and pistol). I think I will start with a 1917, if I can find one at a decent price like yours. I prefer the rear aperture sight to the notch.

By the way, this guy had racks full of M1 Garands,too. Some rare ones like International Harvester and desirables like Winchester. A little out of my price range, though. Starting at $795!!

I was at a gun show today. :) Guy had a mint unfired 1903 Springfield. I mean it was choice. So was his price. $1,200.
To be honest, it seemed like everybody had just about doubled their prices on everything. :(
Paul B.

I would bet the P17 is a sleeper on the market. Everything else, 03, 03A3, carbine, Garand has pretty much gone through the roof on prices. The P17 will follow. The sights are a pain in the butt to adjust for windage, but overall it is a great rifle. Sgt. York's REAL choice.

Oh yeah, I got a Garand through CMP for $400. Well worth it, and there is something very cool about having the U.S. government send you a rifle.

Back