good place to hunt hogs?

jeff_troop

anywhere within a days drive of ole miss? i would like to give it a go. :) but i don't want one of those release hunts or one where you ride around in an atv. i like the old fashioned way of hunting, walking and stalking.

any ideas, tips from those that have gone before me?

I would think there is many good places to hunt hog in Miss! and yah! stalking hogs is way to much fun. just the idea these things can rip you a new bung hole is my idea of hunting. Deer just run! Away! Good luck!

Feral pigs can be had from a number of places like...

Northern Kalifornica

Big Sur, Kalifornica

Hunter Liggett Military Base, Kalifornica

Holister, Kalifornica

Carmel, Kalifornica

And Texas... :D :D :D

yea we have some around here where i live, but locals sat they are not big or numerous. down south we have lots of guided hunts but they seem more for people who don't really want to hunt if you get my meaning.

Jeff Troop are you ok with a guided hunt? If so look at Louisiana Outdoors website there are alot of advertisements. I went on one just south of Baton Rouge with a bunch of friends a long time ago and had a bunch of fun. It wasnt a "release" type situation, just a guided hunt. If you are just looking for an old fashioned still hunt on public land Honey Island has plenty of hogs. Very close to Mississippi on I 10. Pretty much any public land on the Mississippi River will have hogs. In Mississippi dont you have a game reserve near Woolmarket with plenty of hogs?

a guided hunt that is a real hunt would be fine. i honestly have never gutted a hog so i assume most guided hunts could help with that. if the hog was ugly enough i might get it mounted as well. i'll check out the places that have been mentioned.

everywhere in the south Texas has a bounty on them sorry bastards all they are good for is tearing things up I kill every blastin hog I see I hate them things I have killed about 40 of them mean buggers this year and the year aint over yet Texas does not have a closed season on them it is just all you can kill all year long:D :mad: :D
P.S.
most farmers in Texas will let you hunt them for free

sureshot what do you do with 40 oinks..? ya eat'm or giv'm away ? i hear we have some here in NC but don't where i would go to find any .. sounds like a fun day

I know a retired guy that lives in a house that was given to him in Brazos Bend State park. His job is to kill hogs. The last time I talked to him he said he killed 467 hogs in 8 months. He can't shoot the hogs he has to club them (can't discharge a gun in the park). He said if the park let him trap all year round he could trap 600 hogs a year. Yah hogs are a problem around here! Anyone in the Houston area that want's free hog go to Brazos bend and talk to the guy that traps hogs. He will give you hogs for free! They will be dead! He can't throw then in the swamp for the gators. Then there will be to many gators looking for people who will give them hogs. Not a good combination! It's bad enough that the gators come out of the water to try to eat your dog!

I never tried to look but I bet there are good places to hunt hog around the park!

we keep the smaler ones and cook them those under like 80 pounds the rest we give to needy families and stuff like that some we trap alive and sell to a local man with what he does with them idk and really dont care:D :D :D

Me and a buddy are going hog hunting here in a week or so.
We are hunting by a town called brey here in oklahoma(about 30 miles northeast of ft. sill) The guy thats letting us on his land said there hogs so big that they are eating from his cow feeders.

BFF

Back