Good ole Gouger Mtn.

Honestly....

I'm not the least bit surprised. I've yet to meet a sales person in EITHER of our local Gander Mountains that are the least bit qualified to sell anything in the store. Firearms especially. I'll assume your looking at the outrageous price :eek:

Last edited:
Everything in the ad indicates a brass frame, there is no actual mention of what the frame is made from but the powder load suggested are in line with a brasser.

brasser ???

The top-strap sight helps improve target acquisition, and a twist rate of 1:30" offers you a finer shot picture. Uses 22 - 30/FFF round ball projectiles and 19 - 25/FFF conical bullets

The top strap sight might help give better sight acquisition, but don't see how the rate of twist does that.
Finer shot picture is actually just what you see in the alignment of the sights
and actually it is sight picture.
Rate of Twist ::: Perhaps better accuracy, but not acquisition.
Oh well marketing...........
22 to 30 gr fffg is actually pretty common for the steel, but towards the heavy for the brassers
While nothing actually wrong with the Traditions brand, I would say they are on the bottom of the list in quality after Pietta and Uberti.
Also does Traditions actually make it, or just rebrand it?
And when Cabelas traditionally offer the steel ones in the $249 bracket, doubt I would buy a brasser for $299

shopping at Gander

If you want to buy something at Gander Mountain, do your homework. Find the lowest advertised price available at a nearby retailer. Show the ad to the sales associate at Gander. They will match the price. That include ammo prices. Their buying power allows them to be very flexible with exchanges and warranty issues. My last few shooting related major purchases were from Gander. It I nice to have Gander, Bass Pro, Academy, Cabelas, and Wally World within 20 minutes drive.

I just ordered the Uberti model of the Remington Navy, (had a yen for a while) from Midway for I think $305. Am all twitterpated.

News flash, Midway has the all steel Ubertis for 1858 .44s for $5 dollars less, Uberti's 1862 police 5.5" $231.00 other models on sale, Piettas also.

Back