Good News and Bad News Re: Police & Civilians

Status
Not open for further replies.

stdalire

Good News:
Our Newly PNP Chief in the Phils start in hunting rouge policeman especially those involve in illegal activities such as mulcting, extortion etc. First Crackdown is he go after the police irrespective of ranks who are using recovered stolen vehicles (the results of the this turns to be good for the past few days, as many policeman just leave the cars infront of many Police camps and designated Gov't buildings.

A shootout between the special forces and those rouge police mulcting a vehicle driver resulted to a death of one of the task force. The two rouge police were jailed now and the Pres. of the republic recommend for their death penalty. This is a good news for the rouge police. There are several good achievements of these newly installed PNP Chief General. I salute him for that and have high regard and respect. But the......

Bad News:
On the other hand, his next Crack-Down is to totally imposed Gun Ban, not issuing permit to carry on Civilians or perhaps leads to non licencing of guns by the civilians in future days.

He was answered by the Philippine Leader of Pro-Gun (Peaceful & Responsible Owners - Gun) that the gun holders will bow to any kind of more restrictions on acquiring it but will not surrender their Permit to carry, as there is no peaceful environment yet in the country, aside from that the Police cannot look at the safety of the people 24 hours a day and not everyone can afford to hire body guards. In addition, if they remove the responsible Civilians rights in carrying their weapon outside residence, they give a free hand also to the BG or Criminals to prey on the defenseless law abiding citizen.

A survey ws conducted on who is in favor or not of carrying gun outside residence come to a close figures of 100 plus difference that makes anti gun won.

This caused me a sudden fear when I am watching the Satelite TV program on The Filipino Channel during the forum that perhaps in future I may not be able to hold a gun legally already. It looks like there is a trend worldwide to disarm citizenry on carrying handguns.

This is just an info and perhaps - a head of your National/Federal Police may do the same also.

Thanks

Contact the NRA. Their legislative branch works with groups worldwide. It provides information on grass roots organizing and the like. The same thing is happening in Central America. Folks currently have to pass criminal background checks and such to obtain a national permit to carry. Now the UN is forcing governments to impose ever more stringent barriers. In the case of Guatemala the current administration wants to pass a 50 rounds max a month, one pistol purchase per year and other asinine laws. Never mind that the number of legally armed citizens involved in crimes is statistically insignificant and that since naional permits went into effect crime has been reduced.

------------------
So many pistols, so little money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back