Good Mauser stocks?

Prothe2nd

I have a k98 Mauser that's sporterized stock split on me. I want to get a new stock but I'm not gonna pay $150 to $200. Anyone know any decent Mauser stocks that would work and are in the $50 to $90 range? I found one called an inter-arms mini mark x. But I'm not sure if that would fit a k98. Can Anyone answer that as well.
Thanks.

IIRC, the mini was designed for small bore like .223 or similar - but it's been a while and I might be remembering incorrectly.

The Mini-Mauser stock will not fit your 98.

Since you cannot control prices in the market, you will have to pay the going prices. If you want the best cheap stock available, get a Boyds stock. RIght around $100, look pretty good, and come finished and ready to drop the action into.

I put one of the boyds stocks on one of the mausers I had. It was around $100 but that was 10 years ago. Very happy with it. I have had a few people comment on how well the rifle feels when shouldering it. The stock did not have a finish on it but after I finished it with tru oil it looks amazing.

http://www.boydsgunstocks.com/Produ...large-ring-1-barrel-channel-walnut-unfinished

It does not look like they make the model I used. This is the closest I could find. I believe mine was a RIA model.
IMG_20140904_214610_821_zpsqxgudasi.jpg

Last edited:
Hogue Overmolded Stock,,,

A few years back I purchased a Hogue Over-molded stock for my K98,,,
I got it from Cabela's catalog and I remember correctly,,,
It was between $80 and $90 bucks.

The rifle action dropped right in and fit perfectly,,,
It's not pretty but it does function nicely.

Aarond

If I wanted a good Mauser stock, I'd probably order a McMillan and spend the $450-600 to get a good stock. I realize this is far out of you price range, but I've done my "Hack" jobs stocking a sporterized Mauser before and know my limitations. For a good stock on a Mauser rifle I'll spend far more having a wood stock fitted than I would a McMillan. For a decent stock I'd buy the Boyd's Classic or B&C Medalist and have it properly bedded.

If you're willing to do a little fitting...

Walnut Grove Gunstocks
Check the "bargains" section.
If there's nothing listed, give the owner a call and ask.
Most of his "seconds" go for under $75, simply because shaping revealed a cosmetic inclusion or sapwood in an otherwise great piece of wood.

Back