Good mags. for Kimber at the

Timothy

Have a Kimber Compact SS (7 round mag.) and want a couple extra mags. Don't know squat about what to buy. Could you experts please tell me what works, what's good, and what's a good price and maybe what's the best place to buy? Sure appreciate the help.

Ditton on the wilsons - get the slim metal based ones.

However -

I got a bunch of mags for this gun but that probably wasn't a great idea. What are you using the mags for? Other than the one mag for concealment, would there be any harm in getting the bigger (non-compact/full size) mags for carry? Especially if you keep the mag in a pocket.

I'll be getting a full size soon, and getting 2 8-rounders and 2 10-rounders. Thing is, I may also switch to carrying bigger mags (8s or 10s) as spares for my compact for carry. The remainder hanging under the gun can't hurt.

Battler.

Although Wilson's are very popular as you can see, my Kimber Compact likes Chip McCormick Shooting Stars just fine. I don't own any Wilson's and haven't had any reason to regret it yet.

RJ

I have several non Kimbers (Colt and Wilson - full size and compact). I use Wilson mags in all of those and have had absolutely no problems with them at all.

I have two Kimber Compacts, a box stock Compact Aluminum, and an early Custom shop Elite Carry. Both of the Kimbers have the same problem with Wilson mags. Feed is 100%, but they occasionally will not lock open after the last round.

I switched to McCormick mags for the Kimber Compacts only, and the problem went away.

Back