Good hunt this year

shootin

Inactive
Hi everyone , new at this site and thought I'd break the ice with this years hunting story . First day out was slow but unique . I got two foxes with a Browning pump 10 ga. My brotherinlaw got one too . Second day out , I got a spike by 7 am , with a sporterized 03A3 . Had my CZ scout with me so after the deer I went got four squerrills , two greys and two fox squerills they were well fed at the farm we hunted . Third day got 5 squerrills 4 fox and one grey , about dark found a big deer I had seen earlier , had a beautiful shot and the rifle clicked , cycled another round clicked again , third time it fired , but I pulled that time wounding the deer and we searched for hours the next day as light was out shortly after I shot him . We hunted this same farm for the second week too , so I'm hopping I pulled far enough that it wasn't bad enough for him to die or suffer a lot , as we never found it . Then I mainly focused on hunting something big for the second week and some squerril hunting . Got a total of 12 with CZ scout , 5 with CZ varmint in 17hm2 , this is a real squeriil getting round . One with Cooper 17 HMR . Saw several does the remainder of the week but passed on them . No wall hangers , but a good season anyways , Wishing us all many more ! shootin

Back