Good holster belts

Futo Inu

Guys, what I am looking for are high quality leather DRESS belts (nice black or burgundy) that are the standard 1" - 1&1/8" so that I can wear them to work (must wear monkey suit) with the dress pants, but are strong and thick enough to support a good holster. I think I may have seen these somewhere before, but can't remember.

You might also try one of the belts with tapered ends that Milt Sparks and Mitch Rosen make. If that won't work, they both make belts 1" wide. Don't forget, your holster loop/s will need to match your belt.

------------------
keep your options open &
never miss!

[This message has been edited by STEVE M (edited August 25, 1999).]

Mitch Rosen. Hi quality at an equally high price. But worth it.

L8r,
Nakano

------------------
"To earn a million is easy, a real friend is not."

I also reccommend Mitch Rosen's leather. Excellant workmanship/quality. Have used one of his belts daily for over a year now. Purchasing another soon (too match another of his holsters). They're available in a variety of different leathers (skins) to obtain a partcualr look or satisfy an indivual taste. good Luck!

Here is a little-known shop that does excellent work. I ahve had Paul at the New Braunfels Leather company make my belts since 1975. They are out of saddle skirt in black, dark brown or any other color. Cost is about $35 a belt. Takes about two weeks. Tell him I sent you. He aslo makes holters, saddles, and lederhosen (leather pants) for the Wurstfest crowd. Easy to deal with.

New Braunfels Leather company
267 S. Seguin
New Braunfels, Texas 78130

Most all the better holster makers also sell belts. Cruise their catalogs and it should be easy to come up with something.
BTW: I'm still wearing the same DeSantis belt I bought almost ten years ago. It's a bit worn but still holds the holster good and tight.

I am very hard on belts. I have never owned one that lasted more than 2 years without falling apart. Eight years ago I bought a Galco 1 1/4" fancy stitched synthetic reinforced belt and it still looks good, hasn't stretched, holes are still neat, and it still holds my pistola and mag pouches properly.
Cat

This will come as a shocker after all these $100.00 gun belt suggestions:

Uncle Mikes makes a 1"-1 1/8"(what you asked for) in black or cordovan Mirage synthetic with a pvc liner that costs like $35.00! that WORKS AWESOME and looks like a dress belt. A friend uses his to tote a Glock 23 in a Safariland 070 concealment holster. If you know anything about holsters, you know the 070 concealment holster needs an extremely rigid belt to work properly. Great belt, for cheap.

Dave

Back