Good gloves?

Betty

I'm trying to get a start on Christmas shopping here, and I know dad needs a good pair of gloves. He prefers black leather, hates snap buttons and zippers, and doesn't like short gloves that end right at the wrist. So far I've found Hatch KFG1000 flight gloves. They look great in the pictures I've found online, but it's hard to determine how flexible they are.

Dad's a hardware guy, so he needs something that not only protects his hands, but still has flexibility to draw his handgun, and has warmth for winter. Those Hatch gloves are supposed to be heat and cut resistant. He doesn't like bulk - he wants them to be form-fitting.

While I'm at it, I decided I'm going to get some for myself and my brother, too. The Hatch EM007 shooting gloves look flexible and warm without the bulk. I like form-fitting gloves so I can easily draw and shoot.

Suggestions for any other gloves?

I have the hatch Spectra lined gloves. They are the nicest gloves I've ever owned. The XL is large enough for my paws. I usually get gloves that don't make it to the wrist and have short fingers. The leather is soft, thin, and, um, sticky? It isn't sticky in that it feels like it's covered in pine tar, but I can pick things up easily with them on. I impressed my wife with them by picking a dime up off of concrete with them on. Now she owns a pair.

Even the Spectra lined gloves are warm. They're good until it goes below freezing.

I only hope that the ones you're looking at are as nice.

Some of the very best leather, form fitting gloves are the Bob Allen shotgun shooters gloves. They sell unlined, lined/insulated, and synthetic gloves that are TOUGH, and high quality. Even the insulated gloves are thin and form fitting.

Check with Cabela's, they usually have most of the different models.

If you want the best quality gloves and don't mind paying for them, check out the Damascus glove line. Their flight gloves are far and away the best over everyone else. Otherwise, the Hatch will work well also.

I have found the Blackhawk Hellstorm line is one of the best for the price. Their new kevlar/leather SOLAG tactical glove is one of the best all around protective glove I have tried. They have a decent (and inexpensive) full length flight glove as well.

Tim

Runt, if you guys get in early enough to Knob Creek, drive up the road a little ways to US Cavalry. They have all the Hatch gloves in stock so you can give them a close up view.

The flight gloves are not very warm at all. If there's even a breath of wind, it'll blow right through the nomex. The nomex is the thickness of a thicker t-shirt.

Runt, I am looking at the Operator (gotta love the name) gloves...unfortunately they don't fit my runt-class paws. They don't come in XSM but the full hand except for trigger finger seems neat.

Let me know how it works out, I am actively shopping for gloves, too.

Back