Good game recipe cookbook

FirstFreedom

While we're on the subject (in recent threads) of cooking game, can anyone recommend a good all-game cookbook? I'm about to place an order at Amazon for other books, so I want to add one on this topic. Thanks.

Foxfire series. (Yes it's old, but the pricipals are the same) Not sure which volume had the recipe sets I was thinking of but all of them have some talk of game recipe's.

There is some talk of cooking game in the older version of "Joy of Cooking", but I'm not sure if they removed it for the current edition.

Farlows Game & Fish Cookbook. ISBN: 1904057160

The Game Coobook. ISBN: 1856265293

I have over one hundred cook books unfortunately many of them are in boxes right now. Two good books do come to mind and they are "The Alaskan Fish and Game Cookbook" and for a taste of the south the "Rockport Collection" is a great book. Rockport is a samll town on the Aransas Bay on the Texas gulf coast. The cookbook is a collection of recipes from local cooks complied by the local art association and is nearly two hundred pages of fish and game recipes. Everything from LBJ Ranch venison sausage to duck with dirty rice stuffing and nearly 100 pages of fish recipes.

Another thought is almeost any cajun cookbook will have many wild game recipes in it because that's what cajuns eat!

What ever you do please stop soaking your venison in worchestershire, it deserves better ;)

Back