Good Eye Protection

Mikul

Okay, even since I started shooting I've been using the $4 safety glasses from Home Depot. They do the job well enough, but get scratched by everything. Now that I'm on my fifth pair, they seem like less of a bargain.

Do the higher priced ($20) glasses that I see in the shooting catalogs hold up to scratches any better?

My problem is that the shooting glasses fog up in the indoor range. (I have a couple of $10 - 15 glasses.)
(American Allsafe and Bouton)

I end up peering over the top of the glasses to see properly, but that defeats the whole purpose of protecting my eyes from riccocheting brass.

Any suggestions?

BTW, neither pair seem to have suffered any scratches as yet.

They all scratch, even the hard coated ones. Just have to treat em gently, and give em a little bag insice your range bag.

Sam

NO SCRATCHES!

I wear OSHA-approved safety prescription lenses in OSHA-approved frames.
Glass.
No scratches.
Five years now on these lenses.

Anybody else hate the "warping" effect that the curved safety glasses give? The curved glass warps your vision. When I first put them on, I get a little dizzy and disoriented.

I know some name-brand regular sun glasses (the expensive ones) have built-in in warp correction that fixes this issue, I'm wondering if there are any eye protection out there that do this also?

Back