Good Deals at Classic Firearms

Classic Fire arms has gotten quite a bit of my money over the years.
They seem to always be able to find good deals on unusual fire arms.
I think just in this last year they have gotten me for a Beretta 92, a Star Model B, And a Tokarev.

Pietta has always made pretty decent guns but since they went to CNC around 99 or 2000 they have really improved.

I own 6 or so BP revolvers, some Pietta, some Uberti.

I find the Uberti's have a little more effort put into them. Crowned barrels, nice conical cavities machined into the loading ram face, etc.

But none of my reproduction guns shoot a clover leaf off of a bench except my Uberti Walker.

Steve

How can you say THIS is garbage. I think it's BEAUTUL. It goes bang every time, hits where I point it, and has never missed a beat. And all at a price that still allowed me to put groceries in the house ;). If its garbage I guess I don't know what a quality piece is. SO someone please educate me so I can stop buying TRASH :D
8141921111f335fee9047909c7b81f22.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Kevin may be referring to the fact that all but one of the C&B pistols have brass frames, and the only steel frame is a .44 1851 Navy, which we all know is a fantasy gun.

I have no experience with any Traditions/Pietta cartridge guns upon which to comment.

I have 3 Pietta 1851 Navy .36 repros, all CNC machined: 1851 Navy Second Model (Squareback TG) steel [CM], Griswold & Gunnison brasser [CN], and 1851 Navy Third/Fourth Model (Oval TG) steel [CP].

Parts interchange easily (as they should) between models so I now have those models as well as a Schneider & Glassick, a Leech & Rigdon, and a fantasy 1851 Navy Dragoon Second Model (Squareback TG).

Unlike the Ubertis with the short arbor, the Piettas have a correct length arbor (in relation to the arbor recess in the barrel lug) and the forcing cone/cylinder gaps are about .001"-.002" no matter the combinations of frame/barrel/cylinder and the depth of the wedge into the arbor.

For that reason, and the fact that Piettas sell for two/thirds the price of an Uberti, I'll take good geometry over poor geometry any day.

Push back, Kevin.

Jim

From what I've read it seems Pietta makes a better Colt whereas Uberti makes a better Remington model.

My Pietta Remington NMA needed a fair bit of filing and sanding, reaming chambers, and I hate the stain used. It took a fair bit of fixing and still needs a dovetailed sight.

Kevin Rohrer - You wrote that they're garbage. Can you please share with us the reasons for your insights? I've no experience with them whatsoever and I'm curious.

2015 Pietta 1860 Army - 30gr FFFg, Hornady .454 ball, Remington #10 caps - 21ft 5 shot group, 6 O'clock hold.

30574118734_18e67046ff_b.jpg

Back