Good deal?

militant

I just picked up a used Remington 870 Express magnum and 8 boxes of Winchester supreme ammo for 200.00. The gun works great, the wood has done finish missing in some areas. Manufacture date of 1971. Did I do ok ?

Did Remington make the Express model in 71? I thought they were brought out in the 80's. Are you sure it's not a Wingmaster? In any event you did very well I think.

I don't know how to post pics. I just looked online at the serial number manufacturer dates and got that. I may be wrong. It holds 3, 3 inch mags in the tube. I wish it held more.

Actually, unless I missed something, the 870 Express was brought out in 87'.

Remington introduced the lower cost Model 870 Express, which differs from the standard Model 870 line only in exterior matte finish and low luster hardwood stock and forend.

It came with 8 boxes of turkey loads. To me, I see it as a truck gun. Not the prettiest, but it works. Feels solid and smooth pump. It feels better than my Benelli Nova.

id say you did well. 870 is a great shotgun and if you wanted to it would make a great slug gun too.

Fixed choke Remington barrels are labeled, in small lettering, of left side of the barrel close to the receiver.

Back