Good Deal on Quality, Target/Plinking .45 ACP ammo

RWK

It's not unusual for me to shoot 500 to 1000 rounds of 230 grain, FMJ, .45 ACP per month. Since I don't yet reload (inadequate space in my shop and garage), I'm always searching for inexpensive, high-quality target loads. I won't use American, Wolf, and so forth, because I simply don't want to risk my excellent autoloaders (Sig, Glock, H&K USP, Colt, Springfield, and Kimber) to save a few pennies a round.

I frequently compare major Internet suppliers. Generally have found Ammoman to be outstanding: excellent price, good selection, unequalled customer service, one or two day delivery to Northern Virginia, and no hidden charges such as shipping, credit card use, etc. However, Cheaper than Dirt (www.cheaperthandirt.com) currently has a terrific deal on S&B: $190 for a 1000 round case, delivered. For comparison purposes, Ammoman is now charging $209 for cases of Speer Lawman or Fiocchi.

For all TFL's .45ers, this seems like an excellent deal.

When Wilson came to our range he suggested the S&B.
It works great in my Kimber.
Cannot afford a Wilson yet.
Show me the money!

Tapco is selling PMP .45, 500rds for $85. I have used PMP 9mm, and it seemed fine, so I would guess their .45 is too.

Since the $15 shipping/handling charge included in the $190 is added to the $175 ammo price you can buy another $24.xx worth of stuff with 'free' shipping. No, I don't work for them, but was looking at the same deal and will add 8 boxes of CCI .22 minimag to just bring it under the cutoff for the $15 shipping charge on $199.xx.

Blazer Ammo

Very cheap, but I would stay away from it. It'd jam a revolver :D

I have had Blazer jam every gun I've used it in. I've even played hell trying to extract cases out of the cylinder of my Redhawk. I'm a big fan of CCI rimfire ammo and their Speer line, I also live about 30 miles from the factory, but I hate Blazer ammo.

Back