Good deal on an AK47

Third demon

I guy I know has a nib AK for sale.I think he said it was a mac10,russian made,and comes with 1-10,2-32,1-75 round drum mag...I can probably get it for $650..sound like a good deal??????

Are you sure it's an AK? True Russian AK's are hard to find,and very expensive. All of the the current Russian import AK varients take propriatary low capacity magazines.

It might be a MAK90 which is a Chinese AK varient. They work ok but the finish is poor. I recently bought one with 5 30 round mags and a hard case for $290. It was an exceptionally good deal. Generally, I've been seeing them go for between $350 and $500.

Are you sure about the 32rnd mags? I've seen 5, 10, 20, 30, 40, 75 and 100 rnd mags but never a 32. (75 and 100 are drums)

If it's a MAK90 I'd suggest shopping around a bit first. The price seems high. (unless it's a preban) I still see Bulgarian SLR 95s advertised for about $700 from various distributors in Shotgun News. They are the highest quality AKs on the market and are superior to the MAK90 in almost every aspect.

I think (and I may be wrong on this) that I read Romanian AKs use a different mag than other AKs, just something to think about as pre-ban mags may be harder to find. A couple of weeks ago I saw a NIB Romanian AK at a gun store for $300.

Hope this helps
Later
Daren

I'd pass. I have a ROM AK in 5.45x39 (Which does take a special clip.) and I like it very much. But there ain't no way I'd pay that kind of money for that deal. Clips are cheap and plentiful (assuming you are looking at the .30). So I wouldn't count them in the cost of the weapon. The gun is slightly better made than the Norincos (IMHO) and is worth around 300, give or take. The drums go for around 100-150 depending. I'm not real crazy about it. Kind of a pain to load. Have him sell the drum to someone else, offer 400 for the rest. Remember, AKs are nice fancy weapons. There is little point in spending a lot of cash on one. Good Luck

I have one of the 7.62x39 Romanian AK's (Romak 1?) that takes the standard AK mags. It's been fully reliable with every mag I've used (Chinese and E. German). Quality seems to be somewhat higher than the Chinese, particularly in the finish, but the mag release paddle is smaller and can be difficult to operate quickly.

The newer Romak 3's will only accept the single stack 10 rnd mags. For obvious reasons, I'm not wild about these.

From : Ivan 6-28-99 612PM EDT I picked up a Egyptian Maadi Ak for $385.00 It was new and came with the 30 rd. mags. It shoots very well and is quite accurate. it is a well made gun and is as well made as my Norinco AK . Stay away from drums. They are hard to load and are not reliable. Another good AK is the 223 PolyTech RPK. I have one and it is the best of both possible worlds: 223caliber and reliable AK system. Then only problem is extra magazines for it. I have three 30 rd. mags,but more are very hard to find. The Norinco 30 rd. mags will not fit a Polytech AK. Anyone out there have extra 30 rd 223 Polytech Mags they want to sell me ?

Back