Good deal on a suppressor?

VUPDblue

I haven't priced the TAC-65 series of suppressors recently, but I have a chance to buy one for $159. Is this a bargain, or are they out there for that much other places. This is a new can, never fired. Just curious. I have fired these cans and I like that they can disassemble. Seems kinda funny paying more for the stamp than the can itself...

The price seems very fair. The dealer that I usually go through stocks TAC suppressors and that is what he sells the TAC65 for. I have a TAC67, basicly the same suppressor as the TAC65 accept that it is made out of stainless steel. I love it, works great, and it is very nice to be able to take it apart. I don't think you can go wrong with $159. Where at in Indiana are you? I am from there and Indiana is where my dealer is located.

I am in West Central Indiana just inside Indianapolis. The dealer I usually use is Custom Combat Arms dba Elmore's Firearms on the South Side. I found the TAC 65 in La Porte. (My in-laws are there)
Great Signature line BTW

I am stationed out of Ft. Campbell, Ky but my home is in southern Indiana. The dealer I use is in New Albany. I make it up to Indy every now and again for the Indy 1500 gun show.

For $159, I'd buy it - .22 cans can get filled up with crap, so something you can take apart would be really nice. I don't know what they normally go for, but I'd consider any decent can for under $200 a good buy. Heck, I bought my Cheyene XL for about $130 when SRT first introducd them only because it was a good price, but it turned out to be a really nice little can (and thats a sealed desigh which can't even be opened for cleaning - I consider the ability to open it up for cleaning a BIG bonus). If you've shot it and like the sound, I wouldn't hesitate to jump on one - even with the tax, you can probably get it in your hands for under $400.

I think I'm going to go ahead and get it. Heck $159 for a can you can take apart, thats a good deal to me! Out the door for $359 (taxes included) I don't think you can beat that...

Congrats on SB and sorry about Noblesville;)

I spend a fair amount of time at Silencertests. I have fired the TAC65, actually I compared a bunch of .22 cans before I settled on the Outback. Not to say that I didn't like the '65, I just heard lots of good about Gemtech (all true) and liked the performance of their can. Hopefully in a couple months, I can tell you all how the 2 compare side by side...

I have the Outback II myself. For 159.00 I'd definitely buy a Tac. I like the fact you can take them apart -- and if I rmemeber right I think you get some sort of indexing tool to make sure the alignment is correct. How do you guys clean your sealed cans?

Soaking in WD-40

table-supp-1.jpg

Back