Good deal on a Mossy?

norielX

It's been a while since I've posted, but I was checking out shotguns when I spotted a Mossy with a heat shield and bayonet lug, and was wondering if this was a 590? I'll take a good look at it today or tomorrow because I didn't check out the serial number. The had it tagged for $279. I'm pretty sure that it was also blued, and not parkerized. See, we've got a gun show coming up and I was wondering if I'd see a lower price on this gun at the show.

Upon further review, (managed to edit this before anyone posted) I saw the number on the box was 50645. I need to take a look at a 590A1 to see if I want this gun.

I just wanted to know if this was a good price for this gun.

Thanks,

norielX

[Edited by norielX on 05-27-2001 at 01:16 AM]

That's a Mossberg "Special Purpose" 9-shot 590. Dealer cost on that shotgun is a little over $250 and it retails for $389 so $279 is a decent price.

Tell me about it...

yeah, the ones I'll be looking for have "51..." in their stock number. I'll have to check again if there's a blued version of the 590A1. I'll just blast and refinish with gunkote myself. I've got a friend in the PD, and I'll ask him how I can get a hold of shotguns that they turn in. Dave McC always mentions used 870's so I'll go that route so I can add a SG to my collection.

Back