Good C&R day.

madcratebuilder

Well I went to look at a savage Enfield yesterday and came home with two rifles. This is #5 Enfield but my first K31. This K31 is a really well made rifle, I think there well be more in the future.

k3102.jpg

k3104.jpg

savage02-1.jpg

savage04.jpg

Whats the deal with the white sling?

The flash washed out the already well faded sling. It's a parade rifle!!!!!:cool:
Actually I think it's an desert issue sling, looks like the ones I have seen listed on Gunbroker.

I thought the wood on the K31 was out standing, butt stock is still pretty good shape. I put ten rounds through it today and it pointed out my errors, damn thing shoots straight.

This old beater Savage is nicer than I thought, two groove in excellent shape.

savage03.jpg

Last edited:
That's a washed-out khaki sling, the old Imperial issue prior to 1944.

It's also a No. 4, not a No. 5. Pretty nice looking, though.

Quote:
It's also a No. 4, not a No. 5.
I think he meant it's his FIFTH one, not that it's a No. 5.

I used poor wording, my bad. Yes, it's the fifth Enfield in my growing collection.

This was #1, it started all this craziness.:eek:
No4Mk2 ROF 1955
ForSale008Medium.jpg

Next was this JC.
No5Mk1 ROF 1947
pix1111178859.jpg

"Old beater" is the name for this No4Mk1 ROF that I'm doing a conversion to a "T" clone. It's ugly as heck but has a great barrel and shoots very good.
3367-_Maltby_left_side.jpg

Then came #4, a nice Maltby with trial rifle parts.
pix19803500.jpg

You have seen rifle #5, and a sixth has been already added, I know I'm hopeless. I dreamed of this rifle when I was about fourteen. My very first deer rifle was an old $15 Enfield I bought from the back of a Field & Stream magazine. It looked nothing like this, but I still dreamed. It's a Golden State "Santa Fe Special". I have already hung a Weaver K4 on the old Williams mount, found a old nice leather sling in the junk box. I well refinish the stock this winter time permitting. I know, it's a Bubba but I love it.
sporter01.jpg

Back