Good bolt action to 800 yards, and silencer fitted, advice needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

9mm

Looking for SHTF gun, I was thinking and my AR is nice and all but I rather be in the woods at a safe distance if anything like SHTF happen and use a rifle to snipe from far away.

Looking for something about a 308 round, bolt action, $1200< and some how fit a threaded barrel on for silencer. Wait time is like 9 months + another $$$ for one....

I would start by looking at the Ruger Scout rifle. Top it with a long eye relief 4X scope and you are good to go from up close and personal to those boogermen on top of the ridge.

How about a Rem 700 AAC-SD.

20" threaded bbl, .308. Add a rail, rings and scope and you could easily stay under your 1200 budget. Or add bottom metal, really good scope, bipod etc and exceed the budget.

Those 700s are about $700 right now at Buds.

Sgt Lumpy - n0eq

Take a look at the Savage 11/111 Hog Hunter. It comes with a threaded 20" barrel. Runs about $500 .

Last edited:
There are plenty of factory Savage rifles that come with either a threaded barrel with thread protector or threaded barrel with muzzle brake installed. Unscrew either one and install suppressor.

I really like the model 10FCP-SR. Comes with tan camo accustock, 24" heavy fluted barrel, threaded muzzle and thread protector, and 10-round detachable steel box magazine and 20moa 1-piece scope rail. $1,250 MSRP ($900-$1,000 real world price) This will probably be my next rifle purchase, once I get the funds to get a scope at the same time as the rifle. No fun to have a new rifle and not be able to shoot it!

The cheaper version of this is the 10FP-SR. No Accustock, No detachable magazine, no scope rail, no fluting. $775 MSRP ($550-$650 real world price)

Any quality rifle would work, 308 would probably be the most useful.

Any barrel that be threaded to take a suppressor.

model 10FCP-SR
Interesting you bring that up, I forgot to add in I wantted to get a rifle with a tan configure. The only thing I don't like about this model is it's 24 inch barrel. Looking for 16-20inches max. I heard longer barrels arn't good, as there is viberations that cause problems with long range aim?..

I suppose we might want to start with the cost of the can. Then figure what's left for the rifle and glass. $200 for the tax, $xxx for the can, then see what's left. Might get a little tight hitting that $1200 mark.

Sgt Lumpy - n0eq

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back