good belt at walmart?

o-town

I'm looking for a cheap, sturdy belt for my IWB holster. I'm a college student and really can't afford an expensive belt. I don't care about how the belt looks because my t-shirt will cover it. Has anyone found a good cheap belt for CCW at Wal Mart? If so, how much did you pay for it, and does it work for you?

I have a belt made by "Faded Glory", one of the brands they carry at wallyworld. It is 1 1/2 inches wide, black with a double buckle. It cost me 10 dollars and works good for IWB carry. The double buckle helps to keep the belt stiff instead of letting it shift.

You could use pretty much any stiff belt for IWB carry and not have too many problems with it. The weight of the holster and pistol is supported by the pants and your belt, putting less stress on the belt. I've worn dress belts with IWB holsters and not had any problems.

Standard holsters are a different issue. You definitely want a good stiff belt for that because the full weight will be supported by the belt.

Another suggestion is a bootmaker or leather shop. Good deals can be found there on a belt good enough to do double duty. I bought a nice 1 1/2" basketweave belt for $15.00 that works great for holsters at my local bootmaker.

Good Shooting
RED

o-town,

Check your phone book for an Eli's Western Wear Store. They have them around Florida. I picked up a nice sturdy leather belt from them a few months ago. It was only $20 and works great. If they don't have one in stock they will order one for you. If you find an Eli's and can't find the belt I'll send you the skew number if you need it.

I'd think just about any western store would have good belts for sale.

Also Tactical Ted at the Orlando Fairgrounds Gun Show sells the Wilderness Instructor's belt if you want to try one on before buying. He charges $40 tax included.

Good luck,
Gino

I got a 1 1/2" leather belt with fancy border stitching at Sears for about $15.00. It looks like a gun belt and is thick and stiff enough for use with belt holster.

I use both the Wal-Mart and Don Hume belts. You can get Don Hume belts with minor, to me unnoticeable, blemishes delivered for $17. It is a much higher quality belt than the Wal-Mart belts.

An issue with the Wal-Mart belts is that they stretch over time. I have one that is almost two inches longer and about 1/8th inch narrower than when I bought it two years ago. But for $10, I can't complain too much. It is still perfectly serviceable, I just have to use it for IWB carry only.

Check out http://www.sportsmansguide.com and do a search on "belt" and then a search on "triple K". They have thick pistol belts for as low as $15.

I've been using a double tong belt from Structure that I payed about $25 for, and it's worked for about three years now, but it's developed the "S" shape like a snake, and is beginning to lean out with the holster in place.

I've just ordered a Bianchi B5 from http://www.wholesalehunter.com for $28. I'll see how that goes too.

"Inner liner" for a duty belt.

Uncle Mike's, and others I assume, make a velcro/cordura/nylon belt that goes in the belt loopd first. It has velcro on one side. The duty/gear belt goes around it.

It costs around 20$ or so. I have mine for CCW.

You can wear it so the velcro goes on the inside.

It is hard to s'plain, but go to a cop shop and look.

I've picked up some nice, name-brand (ie, Polo, Kenneth Cole, etc.) thick belts (not gun belts, but thick enough to use as such) for 10-20 dollars at places like Marshalls, Ross, TJ Maxx, etc. Not sure if you have those stores in your area (I'm in South Florida), but you ought to give them a look.

Belt

If you have a Caterpillar dealer close by, ask if they carry the Cat belt line with there wearables and collectables stuff. I carry them where I work and for less than 20 bucks (that's what I sell them for)you get a nice single piece leather(not layered) stitched for looks, belt with a really neat Cat logo buckle. If they don't have them, I can get you one.

I don't mean to sound like an ad, but I wear one, and they are really nice.

Back