Good 9mm Target Ammo for HK USP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Max L

Inactive
I just picked up an HK USP 9mm, and I am trying to figure out what ammo I should run through it. I've heard of people having extraction problems with some lower powered target ammo. Obviously, I would like to avoid problems if possible. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I use Winchester 115 gr FMJ for practice in my USP 9C. Never have a problem. It usually runs about $6.99/box. Oshmann's puts it on sale frequently for $5.99/box. Haven't tried the Russian or S. Africa brands, but they don't usually save you anything on cost.

I have a feeling you read of the extraction problem in Combat Handguns' Annual Issue, which is a very rare occurance found in any top pistol brand.

Ammo shoots different in every gun. I shot some Federal Hydra-shok's in my Ruger when I first bought it and the accuracy was terrible. I find UMC, S&B, and CCI Blazer accurate. Th Blazer wasn't very reliable though... good for practicing clearing a gun. You need to go to a big sports store and buy several different boxes and take it shooting.

Ben

------------------
AOL IM: BenK911
ICQ # 53788523
"Gun Control Is Being Able To Hit Your Target"

my choice for my usp 9 is american eagle 124 grain. my first couple hundred rounds with other ammo i had ejection problems so i like the extra weight of the bullet. i think it is about $8 a box. jf

I've found that Sellier & Bellot, IMI, and PMP (South African) 115 gr FMJ works wonderfully well in all my 9mms (9mm Luger, P-210, S&W 669, Kel-Tec P-11, Glock 17).

All three brands perform almost the same -- a little hot, a little dirty, reliable, and very accurate. They all sell for around $125-$130 per 1000, shipped, from Cole Distributing, CDNN, or Natchez Shooter's Supply. You can buy smaller quantities at Natchez; the shipping costs are a little higher.

I run PMC 115g FMJ thru my Glocks for all practice/target sessions. I get it at my local gun shop for $135.00 per case of 1000.
Feeds and extracts no prob.I have yet to have a bad primer in about 5 cases worth,goes bang every time.It's reloadable, and I do.
Got plenty of oomph to cycle the slide properly. No complaints here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back