gonna shoot today

>yea i hear ya,, no range for me though,, i just step out the back door​
Life's tough, too bad you can't just open a window and stick the muzzle out. :D

:D well aren't we all just a bunch of lunatics... I have a dirt pile between my house and shop that works nicely for keeping handgun rounds from straying too far and the shop deflects the noise around a bit so the neighbors are never quite sure if it's me or the guy across the road... Trying to talk the wife into letting me build a full pistol range in the back yard, but it hasn't been approved yet :D

Yeppers, got a 50-yard range behind the barn with a 6-foot tall berm. Sure is handy, and the barn shields some of the noise from the house. I'm getting ready to cut a path down through the woods and put another berm at 100 yards. My shooting bench is under a leanto, so it is in the shade and out of the weather. I can cast, load, and shoot, all in the same day!

Dont get me wrong, I gotta wait till the wifes gone before I can open the den window (which just happens to overlook the pistol range in my back yard) and go to town. It is nice to be able to practice, even when the weather is not so friendly. Its carburators on the kitchen table that gets me in trouble. :D

I am always jealous of you guys with the ranges on your property!

Glad I went out to the club last weekend both days to shoot some new loads for rifle and pistol. Back to winter this week...

Joe

yea its nice to live in the boonies sometimes,,i can shoot pretty much any direction i want,, well except accross the road thats where my mom and popinlaw live, and they probably wouldnt care if i did:D There used to me shooting all the time, it dont bother them much.

Well... at first tryin with the new 4 inch.. was suprised how accurate it is for that short of barrel considering recoil. Have it loaded at full power,,,recoil is nearly untolerable(even for me) and I dont mind heavy recoil...so,,in the end of the first attempts....I shot aprox. 7 inches at 20yds with Hornady FTX 300grainers with H110@44.0:eek:

.. I know thats not a very close pattern...but.. that was also the shots in which I had to adjust the sights for 4 or 5 shots.

...Overall... Im really surprised that it shoots that well with that short of a barrel.

iv never shot one, but with that kind a recoil i probably couldnt hit the broud side of a red barn,, standing inside it. lol. im just a little guy....

Its not one a them things that you can guess on...imagine...think you know.

Once you drop the hammer on a chambered round..

.. THEN YOU KNOW.

They are nice:D

Back