Gonic Arms

Assuming you use pure lead you might can use .459's as is. May be a little tighter to load. If they're too tight you can get a sizing die and resize them to .458. Assuming you have a reloading press. If not you can pick up a cheap one on ebay. Somebody used to sell sizing punches you just put over the bullet and drive it down with a rawhide hammer but I haven't seen one in a long time, don't know if they still make them or not.

45 caliber Gonic bullets

I have a Ga-90 Bbl in 45 for my contender and have great success in using .453 cast bullets, essentially 45ACP cast bullets!
Mine weigh 235 gr. pushed by 70 gr. 777 they fly straight and fast (1650 FPS)
Good Luck and good shootin'.

bubtrauma

I have no experience with this like Hawg and others, but think you would also have the option of using a smaller bullet with a sabot. That would be more fussy because you would deal with the sabots, but may work depending on your barrel twist and desired bullet weight.

I Googled 'Gonic .458 bullet' and came up with a list of results.

https://www.harvestermuzzleloading....ng-the-right-sabot-bullet-combo-for-your-bore

Harvester handles bullets and sabots. I know there others on this forum with actual experience that I don't have. You might do a search on all these Firing Line forums ( an overall search) for past posts. Good shooting.

Last edited:
Rats! Totally missed that. Got suckered in. Didn't check the date... dumb. Thanks Hawg.
That explains the lack of responses. :D

Back