Gone is the Kimber, Home is a Glock.

BUTCH48

This is not a slam against Kimber. I'm sure my problems with my Ultra Carry are rare. First the slide failed to lock back. Got a new slide stop from Kimber (free). Then I started getting failures to feed. Even ball ammo. I believe this was unexceptable for self defense.

Got extremely pissed, then calmed down and thought about which pistol was then most reliable and accurate I have shot.

Traded the Kimber and accessories for a Glock 19 NIB with night sights, 4 high cap mags, two holsters, and credit towards ammo (Gunshop loves Kimbers).

I have put exactly 875 rounds since last thursday thru the Glock 19. All kinds of ammo & not one hiccup.

The Kimber would not work for me. It felt great but, the Glock 19 is the way to go for me.

Good for you that you have something you can feel confident in! ..It's a booger that ya stepped down in caliber, but then I'm not going to start the caliber war here again.
That weapon must have really had some serious problems if it wouldn't feed hardball.

I think you got a good deal with 4 Hi Caps plus all the extra goodies that you got with the weapon. Too bad the next owner of your ex-Kimber is gonna have a fit when he finds out it has "issues"..hehe..

You will probably have found out by now that the glock is a heck of a lot more comfortable to carry and a good deal lighter.

Good Shooting
RED

Nope brother, I let the Gunstore know and they went to work on it. Even offered it back when it was fixed. I declined after many thanks. I wouldn't be able to trust it for a third strike.

Funny,

I was working at a shop a few hours away this past weekend,and a lady came in and did the same thing as you.

She had a Kimber that was doing what yours did,and lost total confidence in the gun.

So,she picked out a Glock,we put some night sights on it and acouple other things,and off she went,happy as a clam.

You did good.

I too unloaded my Kimber for a Glock. Actually, I already owned the G26, but saw no need for the Kimber due to it's unreliability; also shot the little 26 better. I do a lot more shooting now that I've gotten rid of the Kimber. The Glock has been 100% reliable up until this point (3.5K rounds)and is amazingly accurate. You made an excellent decision. JohnH

I too am among those who got rid of my Kimber for a Glock.
Classic stainless for a G30. Couldn't be happier.

If it was "just" a mag. problem, why doesn't Kimber sell pistols with mags. that work? I'll never understand why people buy a seven-hundred dollar pistol knowing they'll have to swap out the mags. Please don't try to explain; I've heard it all before.

Nice move BUT I would have just bought the G19 and called up the president of Kimber and sent my gun directly to his secretary for repair.

then I have a nice Kimber 1911 and a Glock.

you should check out GT and GSSF when in your area. great competition and 200-300 people turn out anywhere they hold a GSSF tournament. And you can win another Glock.

I'm about to move the other way. I've had a Kimber Custom Classic that has been flawless for the three years I've owned it. It's been in the box for awhile and I've been flirting mightily with a G19, even going so far as to shoot it in competition. A couple of weeks ago, I took the Kimber to the range on a lark and damned if I wasn't much more accurate with it than with the G19. A friend just bought a Kimber Pro Carry (which was flawless right out of the box) and I'm in love. I'll be getting a Pro Carry or a Pro CDP as soon as I can find one at a good price. The G19 will be retired.

I had all the same problems with the Kimber Ultra Carry. I stuck with it. Got a Wilson Mag. Problem solved in its entirety.

Back