Gold German Walter PPKS

Oldspeed

My friend owns a German made Walter PPKS .380 that is factory Gold plated and engraved. Every square inch of the surface has engraving even the screws. He bought it in 1981 or 82'. It has ivory grips and the spare magazine has a white plastic finger grip. He was told at the time that only 12 were imported to the U.S. that year through Interarms. It came with a test target and a Walter brown leather case with blue lining. It is a beautiful piece and the slide has never even been racked open. I was wondering what something like that might be worth on todays market? I have never seen another one like it.
Thanks

That one sounds beautiful.

I'll move this to Harley's Research forum; you have a good chance of getting an answer there ...

Rare old gun. DO NOT SHOOT IT! Not that you would anyway, but the gun is made of a softer alloy so it was easier to engrave. It was never intended to be shot.

oldspeed:
I don't find a PPKS as you describe, but I do find a PPK exactly as you describe. The PPK value is described as follows:

EXC= $4,500.00
Ivory Grips $750.00
Leather Presentation case $700.00
.380 calibdr $1,000.00

$6,950.00

This is not to say that you don't have a PPKS, I just found it interesting that the PPK is listed exactly as you describe.

HJN

Hi, Jeff OTMG,

Walther was queried on the supposedly "solid gold" pistol made for Hitler. They stated that that pistol was gold plated, not "solid gold" and that it was fully functional. (It was supposedly the pistol that put paid to Herr Hitler, so it worked at least once.)

They also stated that they never made any pistols (except for some sales dummies) that were not fully functional and made of the proper steel or alloy, even though they were later engraved or plated to special order.

Guns don't need to be made soft for engraving. Engravers work with normal guns.

Jim

Back