Going to the Gun Show with 500.00

If you memory is that bad, then you don't need to be owning any firearms or even matches/lighter. I assume you are saying "don't recall" since you don't want to broadcast what you have, none of our business, and/or is irrelevant.

My only thought is to go and see if anything tickles your fancy or is what you might like as a good deal. Otherwise, hang onto your dollars until you know or see what you want.

Five hundred is a relatively small dollar limitation for a nice handgun. :rolleyes:

LOL - I think the OP was politely telling you he wasn't going to list all his guns on an open forum.

For $500 you can buy a couple of boxes of .22 ammo at the gun show, if you are lucky. :(

For $500 you can still buy some new and a good many used guns that are not collectors items, and even some that are. For each $100 you add, the field widens quite a bit. In spite of the "panic" there are a lot of good guns out there at reasonable cost.

(The ammo to run them is another story!)

Jim

Ruger security six , blackhawk holster and two boxes of shells. (1) 357 (1) 38 spl

SKS AND 15 boxes of shells

Three HiPoints. two carbines 9mm and .40 and 9mm pistol

Ammo for every gun you already have.

For under 500 you can get a witness in 45 with a 22 coversion included
Or a witness poly compact in 9, 357sig, 45 or 10mm

Glock
Smith M&P
Ruger P95
Sig P238
Sig P232
Ruger SP101
Walther PPK
Beretta PX4

for 500 bones, you've got options on the used market

The last gun show I went to $500 wouldn't have gotten you much. Certainly nothing new. I didn't see much under 700 dollars, most were significantly higher than that.

May be enough money to spend on ammo for guns you currently own.

I bought 15,000 small CCI pistol primers at the gunshow in my area last weekend.....for $ 600..../ $ 40 per 1,000...

I thought it was a good deal...and happy to have them.:D
------------
But you should buy whatever you want....there will be guns there for under $500....

Glock
Smith M&P
Ruger P95
Sig P238
Sig P232
Ruger SP101
Walther PPK
Beretta PX4

for 500 bones, you've got options on the used market

Let me add to that list:

Ruger SR9/40
Springfield XD9/40
Kahr CW9/40
S&W SD9, or Sigma

Went to the gun show last weekend, got a new 20 ga has a deer rifled barrel too mossberg 500 NIB.

Got a ruger lc9lm for 369.00 has the laser lite on the trigger.

Got a colt LW commander for 960

Got a winchester 30-30 made in 1959 for 500

Ammo was close to normal. One guy had a table full for doubl price he had every bit of it when he left sunday :) I got boxes of remington 30-30 15.00 ea.

Cases of .45 acp was 269.00 I passed opn that tho.

22 was still 50.00 a brick tho

Plenty of armscor 1911s for under 500

The last couple of gun shows in my area were nothing but gougers, in this area you can get much better deals on new guns at the LGS, same with Ammo. wont even waste my time at another one. best of luck to you, get what you want.

I've not seen a decent deal at a gun show in quite a long, long time. Personally, I'd take that $500 and start bargain hunting on gunbroker or gunsamerica or similar online retail site.

Back