Going to Purchase a Beretta Elite

cocojo

I like the looks of the Blue Elite better than the Elite two. Whats the big difference between the two guns? I also can't make up my mind on the 40 or the 9mm. I like 9mm guns better and have a lot of high caps but the forty is different. Which caliber do you find works better and is more accurate in the Beretta Elite family of guns?

Well

If you get the 9mm please post your impressions since I've been drooling over one for a while. I personally shoot 9mm and .45 far better than .40 so that's what I'd go with.

Elite

"Bruniton" slide
standard mainspring
3-post sights w/ white dots
skeletonized hammer
standard 9x mag release
shorter barrel

Elite II

Stainless slide (w/ black frame)
DAO mainspring (a couple pounds lighter)
awesome Novak sights
"less" skeletonized hammer
"raised" mag release (supposed to make mag changes easier)
shorter and crowned barrel

I think that's the main differences between the two Elites. I have a 92G Elite (all blue) and LOVE it. I almost added an Elite II to the collection, but decided on a USP instead.

The Elite II has checkered front and back straps. The Elite has serrations.

Does anybody know if the Elite has 3-dot sights? Personally I can't aim as well with black on black sights, like the Novak's on the Elite II.

ah, yes, I forgot about the checkering...

The Elite (not II) has 3 white dots on the posts.
Great contrast. The black posts make hitting white targets easier, and the white dots pick up easy on black targets...

rvb

Freaking Berettas!

My 92G has been altered to be carried cocked and locked with the safty down and the barrel was a monday morning thing so it was replaced wih a GI chromelined which gave an inch at 25yds vs the STS barrel which gave 2in.@15yds..Roy

Back