Going to my first USPSA shoot next weekend

champ198

been wanting to do this for a while so finally bit the bullet and ordered some gear got a new gun belt which i needed anyways for CCW, 3 more mags for my Glock and 5 Glock Mag pouches. so hopefully ill be able to shoot on June 5th. called and talked to the Range Master and Match director yesterday and they seemed very friendly and ready to help and show me what i need and very welcoming
i cant wait

Sounds Great! You will get a "Safety Briefing" before the match. Note specifically gun handling and ammo handling. Watch each stage description, read it again and watch the first folks to shoot it. If you get put up first, ask to go down in the list as you are a first timer. I was 20 years ago, have been an RO, CRO, and currently shoot B Class Limited with a Glock G35 which has been modified within the rules. I also reload all my ammo and have done so since the early 1970's. At 63 YO, I still have fun shooting this game. And all shooting contests are games, it is just how you choose to play the game and the field.
Good Luck and hope you have all "A's".

I am going to be presumptuous. Who me???? ;) Slow the #$^& down. You will see some folk shoot at a seemingly inhuman pace. You can't do that yet. Each shot sighted with a good trigger pull will improve a first match dramatically.

Back