• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

Going crazy or ? (merged threads)

USP45usp

The colors have seemed to have changed, as well as the posting box, as well as the quick reply thing, was it there yesterday?

Somethings changed or I am the most unobservant person in history :o .

Wayne

Software upgrade. Take a look at the bottom of the page. It now reads, "Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.0" We were using a 3.0.x version before.

Okay, just noticed a change, wasn't sure what it was or if in my drunken (usual :() state, I didn't see the change before.

Wayne

To Staff: Something isn't right?

I've just noticed that you have moved to version 3.5 of vBulletin (courtesy someone else mentioning it--I'm not so tech-savvy as to have noticed it myself). Anyway, when replying to some posts I now am not able to use the Smilies, even though they are listed as "On," and none of the other tools in the message box bar seem to be working either. Am I doing something wrong, or is there some "magic button" I need to push? Thanks!

Is this why the smilies and tools in the toolbar don't work? And I keep getting logged out, given an invalid thread message when I try to post, only to find out the post has made it onto the thread?

:)

Try refreshing your browser (ctrl-F5 for you IE users). Or flushing your cookies (to get your logon to stick - and make sure you have checked the "Remember Me" box). That seems to have helped others... But not me. I can't get smileys to work. :mad: (but I have them memorized! :D )

Merged Threads.

Back