Goal Met

Bob Locke

By a VERY slim margin (.18 second), I qualified as Expert in IDPA Stock Service Pistol this evening using my Glock 21. Saved a BUNCH of points down over the last classifier (went from a total of 34 or 35 down last month to about 21 or 22 this time), and ended up shaving 10 seconds total off of my time.

Still had one complete miss from the left side of the barricade, though, and I don't really have a place to work on that. Anyone have any ideas?

And how in the world do those guys shoot fast enough to make Master?!? That's another 25 seconds off the time I shot tonight! I can't even imagine moving that fast.

Now I have to work at it so I can be competitive in SSP/EX. Any and all advice on drills is more than welcome.

Congrats Bob, nice accomplishment. I'm still working in Novice Class but having lots of fun. Our Bluegrass Regional GSSF match is coming up on Oct 28 & 29. So , I'm working out with my G-17. We had 228 shooters last year. Lots of fun. If you like glocks, then a GSSF is the place to be.

Congrats Bob!

I too met a goal today: ESP Sharpshooter.

I also got my first chance to qualify revolver: Marksman.

I'm happy with both. I don't know how these guys make Master either. How do they shoot so fast?

Congrats, i am currently a misplaced marksman, i always score with the shaprshooters, but i somehow underestimated the classifier.

Ned, I was there last year, beautiful place. excellent match. i shot my glock 17, came in last man in A class. :-(

may go this year, good luck to you all.

Well done to all of you!

I'll tell you something that has been true for me: once I started shooting quasi-regularly the improvements came QUICKLY. First classifier I shot was back in June, and I made SSP/SS by just over a second. Next month I shaved 20 seconds off of that. One month later (this go-round) I took it down another 10 seconds. Bottom line is to shoot and then shoot some more. We have bi-weekly matches, and I sprinkle in some range time. Work on clearing the holster quickly. That's where I think I save a lot of time compared to most of the guys I shoot with.

And remember: smooth is fast.

Now for those other 25-30 seconds.....

I don't know how those master class shooters do it either, but they sure are fun to watch. I think they just have great visual skills and damn fast hands to go along with it.

Back