Gmx bullets

Backwoodsboy

Does anybody have any experience with Hornady custom gmx factory ammo. I picked up a box of there 165 grain for my .300 weatherby mag and the accuracy is amazing, 3 shots into 3/4 inch at a hundred yards. Question is how are these rounds for hunting. They will be used for whitetail between 100 and 300 yards. Any help is appreciated.

While I have been extremely satisfied with the Hornady 165 gr Interbond in my 300 WSM, my hunting buddy uses the Hornady Superformance 139 gr GMX in his 7mm RM and is very happy with the tiny groups, and the drop-dead performance on deer. He is so satisfied with that load that he is taking that rifle and ammo on a plains-game Africa hunt in September.

GMX are great out of my 300Mag,165's hit like lightining DRT Hogs & deer both way out passed that 300yds. mark.

I have not used factory loads but I do handload these projectiles and on 10 gal at 500yrd wow is what I say, wow... yes they accurate some fellas I shoot with say they copper foul there barrels more however I have not had that result not anymore than any other copper bullet I shoot.

Back