glocks gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sfields1

Inactive
I have been told by two different gun dealers that Glock will soon eliminate sales to the general public. Is it true?

Don't DO that. You had me scared for a moment. ;)

I've noticed that sometimes, gun dealers who sit behind the counter are just as bad as gossipy teenage girls when they get together.
I mean, I asked a question once about soft-point ammo to the owner of one of the largest gun stores in my area, and he said, "I've never heard of soft-points before." Umm, hello? Was it a trick or rhetorical answer that I missed out on? Can somebody clue me in if I'm wrong?

Anyways, while gun dealers are more knowledgeable than the average Joe, they (nor most anyone else, including myself of course) do not have the monopoly on the truth. It's annoying when they think they do just because work weekends there. I'm still somewhat annoyed at a gun dealer who gave me bad handgun handling advices once. Not that it bothered me directly. But the fact that this same guy gave the same advice to my wife, and who knows how many others.... A chatty, arrogant know-it-all (Eek! I'm one of those! :)).

Just venting.

[This message has been edited by SB (edited October 11, 1999).]

I was told today that Glock is discontinuing the 24C, and that's why a few of the "uppers" are currently available. That, plus the Colt stuff, may have resulted in someone adding two and two and getting five.

The party line I heard was that Glock recently landed a couple of big gov't contracts and would be filling those before they would be producing for the GP. The model in question in my case was the G23.
While this may be the case, there are still plenty of them available at the gun shows.

Some of that stuff is said to entice you to "buy now, cause we don't know when we will be getting any more."

By the way, I did buy one, and it hasn't blown up yet...yes I have shot it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back